[R-meta] Meta-analysis with R, use treatment effect as input instead of 2 groups?

Felix M rmailing.lstfm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:57:06 CEST 2017

Dear All,

I’m fairly new to R and would like to meta-analyze data where I only have
available the differences between the outcomes for the experimental groups
and the control groups, as well as the SEMs and SDs of those delta values.

However it appears that metafor, as well as other meta-analysis packages
I’ve looked at, expect the mean effect sizes of the two groups and their
SDs as input.

Is it possible to use the delta values mentioned above as input for a
meta-analysis using the metafor package? And if not, does anyone know of an
R package with which this can be done?

Best regards

Felix