[R-meta] Welcome to the "R-sig-meta-analysis" mailing list

Anne-Wil Kruijt mail at awkruijt.nl
Mon Oct 16 21:26:48 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Thank you for clarifying. I’ll stick with sdi^2/ni for the metafor analysis. Part my confusion has to do with what I *really* am trying to figure out, namely how to best calculate/estimate the population sd, for use in a follow-up analysis, which I fear is beyond the scope of this list: Bayesfactor’s meta.ttest function allows specification of a null-interval defined in ‘standardized values’. Yet, I’ve managed to get myself utterly confused here and seemingly unable to figure out the/a calculation for which test-simulations give me full confidence that I am indeed specifying the exact boundary values that I wish to specify. If anyone has any good ideas, they are very welcome to me.  I’ll take this issue back to the BayesFactor people too – thank you for helping out so quickly on the metafor-related question!

All best,

Anne-Wil