[R-meta] mix of information available from the individual studies to compute these measures

P. Roberto Bakker robertobakker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:38:59 CEST 2017

Hi Wolfgang,

My apologies, now I am reading my text I see it is not clear.

My first question:
I was wondering why one whould calculate the missing m1i an m21 from
mean/sd - as one needs the mean/sd for the meta.
So, wouldn't be beter to calculate the missing mean/sd from the m1i m21
(opposite direction)?
I hope my text is clear.

My second question:
You understand correctly. Thank you for your reply. You confirm my doubts.

Best regards,

Roberto