[R-meta] Implementation of the Inverse variance heterogeneity model

dirk.richter at upd.unibe.ch dirk.richter at upd.unibe.ch
Wed Nov 29 17:22:05 CET 2017

Dear R meta-analysis group,

I was wondering whether there are any plans to implement the Inverse variance heterogeneity model (by Doi et al., see reference below) into R MA packages or whether this has been done recently (although I couldn't find anything on the Web). While the authors of this model have provided with MetaXL a free software that allows to run such an analysis, I would be happy to have it connected to or implemented into R to have the chance to run meta-regressions based on this approach. Currently, there is a only a connection to Stata for meta-regressions.

Reference

SA Doi et al. Advances in the meta-analysis of heterogeneous clinical trials I: The inverse variance heterogeneity model. Contemp Clin Trials. 2015 Nov;45(Pt A):130-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2015.05.009

Thanks,
Dirk Richter

UNIVERSITÄRE PSYCHIATRISCHE DIENSTE BERN (UPD) AG
DIREKTION PSYCHIATRISCHE REHABILITATION

Dirk Richter, Dr. phil. habil.
Leiter Forschung und Entwicklung
Murtenstrasse 46