[R-meta] funnel plot(mixed-effect model) and the assumption of normality

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 13:09:53 CET 2017

Dear Angeline

The usual assumptions which apply to regression about normality of the
residuals also apply to meta-regression. If you do meta-regression the
assumptions for linear mixed models apply so the random effects should
be normal too. This is quite a relief really as it means we do not need
to learn a whole lorry load of extra stuff to do meta-analysis or
meta-regression.

Michael

--
Michael