[R-meta] Dataframe is character

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Fri Nov 17 12:37:35 CET 2017

More correctly you believe that your Excel file is all numeric and it obviously isn’t. Reading Excell files can be a bit nasty because it is easy in the process of editing to have cells that are formatted as text. This can even be rows after teh data.

You have 2 choices. Either fix the Excel file by deleting any extra rows and making sure everything is formatted as numeric  or save it as a csv and then use read.csv. I’ve found the second option much more reliable.

Ken