[R-meta] Spatial-temporal meta-analysis

Rafael Rios biorafaelrm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:50:46 CET 2017

Dear Wolfgang and All,

I am still working on an approach to evaluate variations in effect sizes in
space and time. I have several replicates of effect sizes (Fisher's Z) in
different populations and/or breeding seasons for each species. My
hypothesis is that effect size varies in space and time. Then, I want to
use a random model to evaluate if a estimative of variation in effect size
is high when compared to a null model. I am wondering if I can use
coefficient of variance (CV) and number of replicates in rma.mv function of
metafor package to built a random model controlling phylogenetic signal. Do
you agree with my approach or suggest to use another measure of variation
in replicates of effect size or a different estimate of weight?

Best wishes,

Rafael R. Moura.
*scientia amabilis*

Doutorando da Pós-graduação em Ecologia e Conservação de Recursos Naturais
Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Uberlândia, MG, Brasil

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7911-4734
Currículo Lattes:
http://buscatextual.cnpq.br/buscatextual/visualizacv.do?id=K4244908A8
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rafael_Rios_Moura2