[R-meta] Classic fail-safe N

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 15:32:47 CEST 2017

Dear Naike

Without seeing the code used by CMA one can only speculate but I would
have thought that small relative differences in the computation of the
extreme tails of the normal distribution are probably responsible.

The value of z which CMA quotes corresponds to a p of approximately 10^{-88}

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html