[R-meta] Multivariate meta-analysis with metafor: Should I adjust sample sizes/variances for multiple groups ('double counting') when combined with multiple endpoints?

Emily Finne emily.finne at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jun 18 09:09:10 CEST 2017

Dear James,

thank you so much for your quick reply!

In fact, the distinction between treatment conditions is of interest,
since my moderators/covariates differ between the different conditions
within the studies that include multiple groups.

So, I have used the formula(s) from your blogpost to modify the V matrix
and will run my analysis again using this matrix (with the original
sample sizes from the control groups).

It seems so simple and logical. However, with my limited math knowledge
I wouldn't have been able to derive the third formula for myself.

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Emily

.