[R-meta] exact binomial meta analysis

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Tue Aug 29 16:57:30 CEST 2017

A Bayesian approach seems like a good option, provided that the odds ratio is fine. It could be fairly quickly implemented in rstan as it is just the random effects code without the random effect. It is argued that a fixed effects model may be optimistic.

Another alternative is a generalized linear model using profile likelihood for the confidence intervals.

Ken