[R-meta] forest plot with large number of studies

Martineau, Roger Roger.Martineau at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Aug 18 16:08:07 CEST 2017

Dear metafor users,

I downloaded the data set from  Assinka and Wibbelink (2016) available from http://www.tqmp.org/RegularArticles/vol12-3/p154/p154.pdf

The data set (i.e., p154-dataset.csv) contains 100 studies. Using the forest ( ) function on the multilevel model termed multiplemoderator (i.e., Listing 15), I got a crowded forest plot hard to interpret because there are too many studies. I even get a bigger problem on my own data sets with near to 300 studies.

Is there a way to produce a forest plot on 2 or more pages when needed for scrutinizing and printing?

Is there a good web site that shows how to adjust coordinates or change dimensions of the plotting device?

Thanks in advance,

Roger :)

Roger Martineau, mv Ph.D.
Centre de recherche et de développement
sur le bovin laitier et le porc
Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada/Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Téléphone/Telephone: 819-780-7319
Télécopieur/Facsimile: 819-564-5507
2000, Rue Collège / 2000, College Street
Sherbrooke (Québec)  J1M 0C8
Canada
roger.martineau at agr.gc.ca<mailto:roger.martineau at agr.gc.ca>