[R-meta] cooks.distance.rma.mv is slow on complex models

Martineau, Roger Roger.Martineau at AGR.GC.CA
Wed Aug 16 18:54:11 CEST 2017

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot.

These are major improvements for analyzing complex models.

Best

Roger ☺

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) [mailto:wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl]
Envoyé : 16 août 2017 12:52
À : Martineau, Roger
Cc : r-sig-meta-analysis at r-project.org
Objet : RE: cooks.distance.rma.mv is slow on complex models

Good to hear that.

By the way, there is now also rstudent() for 'rma.mv' objects (also with a 'cluster' argument, option for parallel processing, and 'reestimate' argument). Also, rstandard() now has a cluster argument. When using the cluster argument with rstandard() and rstudent(), the functions also compute cluster-level multivariate (internally or externally) standardized residuals. So, all of the tools are there for proper outlier diagnostics in 'rma.mv' models (i.e., one can check for outlying estimates and clusters).

For checking for influential estimates/clusters, there is cooks.distance() and I also just added dfbetas() for 'rma.mv' models (but I usually find Cook's distances sufficient). I will add an influence.rma.mv() function soon that will also provide covariance ratios (those can be a useful addition to Cook's distances).