[R-meta] imputing covariance matrices for meta-analysis of dependent effects

James Pustejovsky jepusto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:59:21 CEST 2017

Michael,

I was not aware of the metavcov package, so thank you for pointing it out.

On first glance, it looks like the metavcov functions are configured based
on the assumption that you have detailed information about the correlations
between outcomes for each study (i.e., it requires a list of correlation
matrices as input). The function from my previous message is a simpler
utility function, for use when you need to make more or less ad hoc
assumptions about the correlations. So I would say that it does complement
the metavcov package, but I would welcome corrections if this is not an
accurate assessment.

Best,
James