[R-meta] network meta-analysis - include block (within-study) level

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Aug 8 23:03:07 CEST 2017

Dear Juan,

Could you show a bit of the data (structure)? In particular, does each block contain two treatments, so that the structure looks something like this?

trial block treatment mean
--------------------------
1     1     1         ...
1     1     2         ...
1     2     1         ...
1     2     2         ...
2     1     1         ...
2     1     2         ...
2     2     1         ...
2     2     2         ...
2     3     1         ...
2     3     2         ...

Also, do you have the raw mean and variance (or SD) and sample size for each row of the dataset? It seems like you are first fitting some kind of ANOVA within each study, but that might actually complicate things.