[R-meta] Robust function when rows have NA values

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Aug 8 20:52:44 CEST 2017

Could you provide fully reproducible examples to illustrate the problems you are running into? robust() should work just fine even if there are missings and I^2 is also computed correctly. For example:

library(metafor)
dat <- escalc(measure="RR", ai=tpos, bi=tneg, ci=cpos, di=cneg, data=dat.bcg)
dat$yi[1] <- NA
res <- rma(yi, vi, data=dat)
res
robust(res, dat$trial)

Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician | Department of Psychiatry and
Neuropsychology | Maastricht University | P.O. Box 616 (VIJV1) | 6200 MD
Maastricht, The Netherlands | +31 (43) 388-4170 | http://www.wvbauer.com