[R-sig-mediawiki] Sometimes the R display has "memory" and does not update

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 8 09:28:49 CET 2008

Hi,
> Yes I tried F5 to reload but fail to see the updated result. I think a
> click of submit button would also force the iFrame to reload. Maybe,
> the form name in the html can be added a version suffix.

I played myself a little bit with forced reload. If I change the program
code, e.g. by adding a blank, then a new content is generated by the R
program. Then I ran several time the program by clicking on the buttons
and made finally a forced reload. And I got in the iframe content when
the modified program (adding a blank) was saved.

I guess the problem is somewhere in the interplay between apache, the R
extension PHP script and the mediawiki code. And I'am not sure if the R
extension PHP code can influence this. Also the web browser itself
forces a reload sometimes, depending on your  browser options.

So, the best advice I can give you: Do not rely on the contents of the
iframe and if necessary tell a user which buttons to press to get the
result you except to be in the iframe. For documents with interactive
examples it is generally problem to know what is the current contents of
the example. And a wiki alone is not made for handling these kind of
problems.

Sorry, that I can not help you better

Sigbert Klinke