[R-sig-mediawiki] R extension 0.03

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 28 08:52:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

some days ago I put the R for Mediawiki extension 0.03 for download at
http://mars.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/mediawiki/sk/index.php/R_Extension_for_MediaWiki.

Changes are:
- A new security level, thus we have currently three
 0:  R programs run with the same permission as the web server
 1 (default): A set of commands in R programs are forbidden (based on
the list of the R-PHP people)
 2 (new): R programs run as a separate user which would allow that this
user can not read, e.g. LocalSettings.php which contains for example the
password for the MySQL Database
- outHTML function interface has be simplified

If you are satisfied with 0.02 then there might be no need to change to
0.03.

I'am also looking for further small steps that can be done, like
- choosing the output format for the graphics freely (currently pdf is
produced to have a vector scalable  outputformat and I generate jpg for
the web page)
- improved error messaging
- Sweave like output
What would you be most interested or any other suggestions what to do next ?

Have fun

  Sigbert Klinke