[R-SIG-Mac] R-devel segmentation fault in combination RStudio/R GUI

Sebastian Kreutzer @eb@@t|@n@kreutzer @end|ng |rom un|-he|de|berg@de
Wed Sep 25 11:26:01 CEST 2024

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and the link; it greatly helps, and I appreciate it!

Yes, sorry for not detailing my issue further, but I did not want to
spam anybody with the log and configuration files I am using, so I cut it short.

I will also look more carefully into the differences between “my” build process and the CRAN builds;
it seems evident that I have overlooked something. My initial thought was just that with all the API
changes going on and me using a more recent version of macOS for the build than CRAN does,
it would not surprise me that, at some point, something
had changed in macOS, causing this “user-interface-only” crash.

Anyway, so as not to bother you further, thanks again for the help. I am good for now,
and if I figure out what has to be changed in my configuration to make it work again,  I will post it.

Kind regards,

Sebastian