[R-SIG-Mac] How to build without suggested packages

William R Revelle reve||e @end|ng |rom northwe@tern@edu
Mon Jun 24 21:50:15 CEST 2024

Dear R.sig mac friends,

I am trying to release version 2.4.6.24 of  psych to CRAN.

I received the following message from Uwe:

"Thanks, without suggested packages available the checks fail, see below. Note that suggested packages should only be used conditionally on their availability. You can reproduce by setting the env var _R_CHECK_DEPENDS_ONLY_=true”

Unfortunately, I am clueless on how to test my R CMD build with depends only  setting.   (Uwe’s comment implies more sophistiicated understanding than I have.)

Following some helpful comments from Brian Ripley, I discovered one unstated dependency which I fixed but want to search for any others before trying again at CRAN.

I had found the mac builder at CRAN which allowed to me to test, but it seems to not be responding anymore.

I would like to be able to test on my mac to avoid putting pressure on the Mac builder but do not know how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

William Revelle            personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor                    personality-project.org
Department of Psychology         www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University            www.northwestern.edu/
Use R for psychology                 personality-project.org/r
It 90 seconds to midnight    www.thebulletin.org