[R-SIG-Mac] R graphics not updating on Sonoma M3 Pro

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Sat Feb 10 03:33:20 CET 2024

Hi Michael:

> On Feb 9, 2024, at 6:00 PM, Michael Grundler <mcgrundler using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm observing the behavior in Terminal running R 4.3.2 (from both
> homebrew and macports) and in R.app running R 4.4.0 (development).

While this may be problem in R  (and also the advice given by Bryan Hanson to re-install XQuartz),   generally if you are installing from MacPorts or homebrew you are on your own as for help from here.  I would also suggest installing from CRAN,  and if the problem still persists after re-installing XQuartz,  then report the issue.  There could be subtle differences in how R gets built in homebrew or MacPorts, (there also may not be)  but the people most likely to be able to know how to answer this can’t be certain if there are differences and surely do not have the time to find out.

HTH,

-Roy