[R-SIG-Mac] How to correct tcltk path?

Gregory gp@ct @end|ng |rom proton@me
Thu Apr 4 15:13:24 CEST 2024

Hello,

I'm having an issue with R looking for tcltk in the wrong place. Whenever I start R, I get a message: tcltk DLL is linked to '/opt/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib'. However, there is no /opt/X11 on my system and tcltk is really in /opt/R/arm64, where the R binary installer put it. Where is R getting the /opt/X11 path and how do I correct that? So far I've tried exporting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=opt/R/arm64:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to my environment in my zprofile, but that hasn't worked.

Possibly relevant details:
M2 MacBook Pro, MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
R.version 4.3.3 installed with binary installer from CRAN.

Thanks in advance,
Gregory

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.