[R-SIG-Mac] Using python through reticulate in mac arm64

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Fri Sep 8 16:42:09 CEST 2023

Hi Manuel:

It looks like conda is not in your PATH.  However, I would not
use conda for R.  You can install python packages, etc.
but do NOT install R with it.  My student tried that and it is a
disaster.  Stick to CRAN and mac.r-project.org only.
Also, don�t use RStudio: use emacs ;o)

--
Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, He/Him/His
Vice President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Statistical Association
Institute for Health and Equity, Division of Biostatistics
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Campus

From: R-SIG-Mac <r-sig-mac-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Manuel Sp�nola <mspinola10 using gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 5:44 PM
To: R-Sig-Mac <r-sig-mac using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-SIG-Mac] Using python through reticulate in mac arm64
ATTENTION: This email originated from a sender outside of MCW. Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.
________________________________

Dear R-Sig-Mac community,

I did

library(reticulate)

install_miniconda()

Now, when I try this in the mac terminal

conda --version

-bash: conda: command not found

RStudio ask to update conda with

==> WARNING: A newer version of conda exists. <==
  current version: 23.3.1
  latest version: 23.7.3

Please update conda by running

    $ conda update -n base -c conda-forge conda

Or to minimize the number of packages updated during conda update use

     conda install conda=23.7.3

I wrote in my terminal:

conda update -n base -c conda-forge conda

-bash: conda: command not found

How can I solve this?

--
*Manuel Sp�nola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservaci�n y Manejo de Vida Silvestre