[R-SIG-Mac] R 4.3.1 fails on Mac OS X Sonoma

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Oct 5 03:20:09 CEST 2023

Kevin,

> On 4/10/2023, at 5:27 AM, Kevin Thorpe <kevin.thorpe using utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I am wondering if this is just an issue on M1/2 chips or does it also affect Intel?

It is an issue with Sonoma macOS new TUI classes and not the architecture so it will affect both.

> I usually hold off upgrading until the first or second patch, but I feel I should warn students in my class.

Definitely - I always tell them not to upgrade right away as major macOS versions are notoriously buggy. Ideally, you shouldn't upgrade until next R patch release since if macOS breaks something we can't fix (officially) it until the next release.