[R-SIG-Mac] New {macrtools} package to help setup compiled code environments on Intel and ARM-based macs

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom un|buc@ro
Fri Mar 24 09:23:51 CET 2023

 Just went through the commands, on a new MacBook Pro with M2 Max, MacOS
Ventura 13.2.1
I already had Xcode CLI installed, and the gfortran installation went well
until it stopped at the icu binary:

Downloading binary:
https://mac.R-project.org/bin/darwin20/arm64/icu-71.1-darwin.20-arm64.tar.xz
trying URL '
https://mac.R-project.org/bin/darwin20/arm64/icu-71.1-darwin.20-arm64.tar.xz
'
Content type 'application/octet-stream' length 11923364 bytes (11.4 MB)
=====================
downloaded 4.9 MB

Error in utils::download.file(url, save_location, quiet = !verbose) :
  download from '
https://mac.R-project.org/bin/darwin20/arm64/icu-71.1-darwin.20-arm64.tar.xz'
failed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In utils::download.file(url, save_location, quiet = !verbose) :
  downloaded length 5095370 != reported length 11923364
2: In utils::download.file(url, save_location, quiet = !verbose) :
  URL '
https://mac.R-project.org/bin/darwin20/arm64/icu-71.1-darwin.20-arm64.tar.xz':
Timeout of 60 seconds was reached

Not sure if it helps, but still reporting.

Best wishes,
Adrian