[R-SIG-Mac] R , RCPP unsing MACOS ventura

Michael Hall m|k3h@|| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 14 21:45:49 CET 2023

> On Mar 14, 2023, at 3:32 PM, Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek using R-project.org> wrote:
>
> If that is the case, can you actually post what the issue is? The original post had no details and did not follow up when asked for details. When googling the issue seems to arise in Homebrew, not the Apple tools so as I noted removing Homebrew should work.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>

>> On 15/03/2023, at 12:52 AM, Michael Hall <mik3hall using gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 14, 2023, at 6:00 AM, r-sig-mac-request using r-project.org wrote:
>>>
>>> [R-SIG-Mac] R , RCPP unsing MACOS ventura
>>
>> Google shows others have had the issue.
>>
>> Suggestions include...
>>
>> Uninstall and reinstall command line tools.
>>
>> ——
>>
>> ...following the wisdom of the "homebrew doctor" solves it, i.e. remove and reinstall:
>>
>> sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
>> sudo xcode-select —install
>>
>> ———
>>

>> Rebuild with export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1
>>
>> Searched with…
>> <built-in>: error: unknown value ‘13.2.0’ of ‘-mmacosx-version-min’

The general suggestion seemed to be for some reason to remove and reinstall the command line tools. The example I posted was one where it was the home-brew doctor that made that suggestion. Not that homebrew itself was the problem.

The
>> <built-in>: error: unknown value ‘13.2.0’ of ‘-mmacosx-version-min’

Seemed to be what the underlying issue was? and was what I searched on