[R-SIG-Mac] Serious problem with R on macOS

DePaolis, Fernando |dep@o||@ @end|ng |rom m|dd|ebury@edu
Tue Jun 6 18:05:49 CEST 2023

OS: Ventura 13.4 (22F66)
Downloaded R-4.3.0-x86_64.pkg from CRAN
Installation: Successful�everything works fine
Suggestion to move the installer to Trash: Declined (because I know I will need the installer again).
CRAN suggests reinstalling Xquartz, which I did a few times on the onset of the symptoms (I don�t do that anymore because there sems to be no point to it).
Use: I only use RStudio and everything works fine, until at a random time a few days later (or hours in a few instances), RStudio fails to �find R�, which doesn�t run on its own or from the console.
Possible emerging conflicts: At the beginning, I thought this could be happening because other software were install afterward, but that is not the case.
Looked for alternatives: I couldn�t find any reference online, so I suspect this is quite specific to my machine and/or environment. About the �environment�, I cannot think of anything, as no changes have been made, except for routine updates (which is unlikely, but not impossible to have undesirable effects).

Thank you

Fernando DePaolis, Ph.D.
Dean of Academic Operations & Integration
Associate Professor
Middlebury Institute of International Studies<http://www.middlebury.edu/institute> at Monterey
[Sent from Outlook for Mac �MacBook Pro]
My working hours (US Pacific time zone) may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to respond outside your normal work hours, unless otherwise indicated.