[R-SIG-Mac] R installation issue

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Sat Jan 28 13:38:58 CET 2023

On 27/01/2023 22:48, Peter West wrote:
> Installation of R 4.2.2 on my M1 just succeeded.

Yes, that has been very widely tested.  We don't know what OS you or the
OP are running, though.

Machines with M2 CPUs are very new (like 1-2 days old) and are
presumably running 13.1 or 13.2.

I have just re-installed 4.2.2 on Macs running Ventura 13.2 with M1 Pro
and M1 Mac CPUs.  If I had a failure my first step would be to look at
the Console logs (the Console App is under Applications/Utilities).  And
I would make sure my OS was up-to-date (13.2 is also new this week).

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk