[R-SIG-Mac] arm downloads appear broken

Keith Bierman khbkhb @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 27 05:32:38 CET 2023

I've tried several (4.2 branches.pkg, R-GUI8191 dmg .... R installs fine,
but attempts to the load rattle fail. If I missed some obvious
configuration switch, feel free to point me at the FM! ;>
Seems to me that the downloads marked arm64 should only suck in
arm64-compatible dependencies..

. library(rattle)
Rattle: A free graphical interface for data science with R.
Version 5.5.1 Copyright (c) 2006-2021 Togaware Pty Ltd.
Type 'rattle()' to shake, rattle, and roll your data.
> rattle()
Error in library.dynam("RGtk2", pkgname, libname) :
  shared object ‘RGtk2.so’ not found
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified

Need GTK+ ? (Restart R after installing)

1: Install GTK+
2: Do not install GTK+

Selection: 1
trying URL 'http://r.research.att.com/libs/GTK_2.24.17-X11.pkg'''

Which consistently seems to load the *INTEL* version of GTK, so of course
it installs, but fails to run, and tries to install again. Loop forever.

From the installer:

Requirements:

- Mac OS X 10.6 (Leopard) or higher, Intel 64-bit Mac

I*t supports Intel 64-bit Macs only.* All files will be installed in

*/Library/Frameworks/GTK+.framework/Versions/2.24.X11*

Keith Bierman
khbkhb using gmail.com
303 997 2749 <http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B13039972749>