[R-SIG-Mac] installing with remotes package

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Dec 7 21:09:24 CET 2023

Michael,

remotes is a contributed package, so you should contact the author if that is what fails (you didn't say). FWIW only the latest version package binaries are available on CRAN, so if you need a specific older version of a package you need to compile it from sources - so chances are you are missing the necessary dependencies or tools to do that, but we can't tell without more details about what exactly fails for you.