[R-SIG-Mac] binaries for R 4.3 x86_64

Kenneth Knoblauch ken@knob|@uch @end|ng |rom |n@erm@|r
Mon Apr 24 14:41:43 CEST 2023

Hi,

I am upgrading to R 4.3.  and trying to upgrade the packages.  I had to upgrade to macOS 12 first because I was at 10 and my 2017 Intel Mac Air doesn't seem to be able to run later versions.  I was looking at the Mac binaries at the R for mac OS page and it looks like both links

big-sur-x86_64 and big-sur-arm64 lead to a page with header:

Index of /bin/macosx/big-sur-arm64

Is this just a heading error or is there a misdirect in the link?

The formalities:

sessionInfo()
R version 4.3.0 (2023-04-21)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Monterey 12.6.5

Matrix products: default
BLAS:   /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-x86_64/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-x86_64/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib;  LAPACK version 3.11.0

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

time zone: Europe/Paris
tzcode source: internal

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_4.3.0
> capabilities()
       jpeg         png        tiff       tcltk         X11        aqua    http/ftp
       TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE
    sockets      libxml        fifo      cledit       iconv         NLS       Rprof
       TRUE       FALSE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE
    profmem       cairo         ICU long.double     libcurl
       TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE

 Thank you.

best,

Ken

  ___