[R-SIG-Mac] Please test R 4.3.0 RC, more information below

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Tue Apr 18 12:13:10 CEST 2023

On 18/04/2023 11:01, Göran Broström wrote:
> About the Fortran compiler:
>
> Den 2023-04-18 kl. 05:18, skrev Simon Urbanek:
>> Dear Mac users,
>
> <snip>
>
>> Package developers, please check the CRAN result pages for your
>> package to make sure it passes checks. Also please note that we are
>> now using a universal GNU Fortran compiler that works both on Intel
>> and arm64 Macs - you can download an Apple Installer from
>> https://mac.r-project.org/tools/
>
> I have GNU Fortran (GCC) 12.0.1 20220312 (experimental)
>
> in /opt/R/arm64/gfortran/bin/gfortran
>
> Should it be uninstalled/removed in some way before installing
> gfortran-12.2-universal.pkg, and if so, how?

Not necessary, as the newer compiler installs into /opt/gfortran.  You
may need to change FC and FLIBS in a ~/.R/Makevars if you use one, and
you may need to adjust your path if you use Fortran other than for R
packages.

To remove the older version, delete /opt/R/arm64/gfortran/ .

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk