[R-SIG-Mac] rprograming

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Oct 6 22:33:36 CEST 2022

Julie,

the R binaries compatible with macOS 10.12 can be seen here:

https://mac.r-project.org/bin/macosx/el-capitan/base/

since those work on Mac OS X 10.11 and higher.

If you need a more recent version of R you would have to compile R and all packages from sources. However, given the dangers of using such an old version as macOS 10.12 I would strongly recommend updating the macOS version instead.