[R-SIG-Mac] tcltk causes help() to hang in R 4.2.0 on macOS

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Mon May 30 00:51:56 CEST 2022

Actually, I take back the reference to the commit - the deadlock is true, and removing the line is a work-around, but r78421 was not necessarily the regression. The issue seems to be caused by a combination of Tcl/Tk and KaTeX (the latter causes the browser to issue multiple parallel http-requests and the former causes the deadlock in its event loop) which has not been there in earlier R versions.