[R-SIG-Mac] Get this error message after install "“R” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Wed Jul 27 08:30:57 CEST 2022

On 27/07/2022 06:51, Peter West wrote:
> I just (re-)installed the package on the same configuration. It works for me.

And did for me with 12.4 and now 12.5. If the problems were widespread
we would have heard immediately after release (now a month ago).

Does the previous version work for you?  It was not immediately obvious
where to get it from the landing page, but from the pattern of URLs, from

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/big-sur-arm64/base/

Please see this list's archive for earlier this month for a similar
issue.  The only suggestion there was a customized macOS.  This looks
specific to a few people and the rest of us can only guess what is
specific to them.

As the list's archives show, there are requests to test pre-releases,
and AFAICS nothing like this was reported before release.  Please do
test pre-releases in future.

>> Peter West
> pbw using pbw.id.au
> “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven that a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened.”
>
>> On 27 Jul 2022, at 3:38 pm, Andrew Speirs-Bridge <andrew.speirsbridge using healthily.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After installing R-4.2.1-arm64.pkg I get this error message when I start R:
>> “R” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
>> Machine details are:
>> macOS Monterey Version 12.4
>> Macbook Air (M1, 2020)
>> Regards
>>
>> Andrew Speirs-Bridge | Client Services and Support
>> 0415 654 204
>> andrew.speirsbridge using healthily.com.au <mailto:andrew.speirsbridge using healthily.com.au>
>>

>> Healthily Pty Ltd
>> Suite 2, Level 5, 492, St Kilda Road, Melbourne, 3004.
>> m: +61 (0)415 654 204 p: +61 (0)3 9534 7222  f: +61 (0)3 9534 7333
>> http://healthily.com.au <http://healthily.com.au/><HEALTHILY  26 copy45[21][79].png>_______________________________________________
>> R-SIG-Mac mailing list
>> R-SIG-Mac using r-project.org
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk