[R-SIG-Mac] Error identifying system version in sessionInfo()

Rohde, Maximilian D m@x|m|||@n@d@rohde @end|ng |rom V@nderb||t@Edu
Thu Jan 13 19:32:12 CET 2022

Hello,

I have encountered a bug that I have documented here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70690684/wrong-session-info-in-when-knitting-in-r-markdown?noredirect=1#comment124971021_70690684

In brief, the issue is that running the `sessionInfo()` function in a terminal session of R gives the wrong operating system for my computer. I am running Monterey 12.1, but it returns Big Sur 10.16. However, running the same command in the RStudio console gives the correct operating system.

I have narrowed down the problem to this command giving different output depending on if it is run in RStudio or in the terminal: `readLines("/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist”)`

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Best,
Max