[R-SIG-Mac] /usr/local/bin not writable

Göran Broström gor@n@bro@trom @end|ng |rom umu@@e
Tue Feb 15 23:03:01 CET 2022

Hello M1 experts,

I have just become a happy owner of a MacBook Pro M1 Max (very impressed
so far). Installing Rgui was a piece of cake, and installing the
packages I want also went smoothly. Until I tried 'tinytex'. Gave me the
message in the Subject line, with a recommendation: "make it writable".
I, however, vaguely remember a recommendation about not touching
/usr/local/, so what do you recommend?

There is also the question of whether it might be better to install a
full TeX distribution (texlive) on this machine (I mean for R purposes,
of course). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Göran Broström