[R-SIG-Mac] Installing gfortran

Patrick Schratz p@tr|ck@@chr@tz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 23 09:44:18 CEST 2022

FWIW blog posts which explain such things usually have a (good) reason - they aim to help people getting started when the official documentation is either unclear, hard to find or incomplete.
It’s on the readers themselves to decide whether such blog posts are trustworthy or useful.

I have personally profited so often from blog posts of others already and therefore find the general advice to not consult such resources quite shortsighted.
Of course the official documentation should always be the first point to have a look at - and in this case the required information would have been there.

Apologies for going partly off-topic but I think this point is important.

Cheers
Patrick