[R-SIG-Mac] R and RStudio on Monterey (Intel)

Kevin Thorpe kev|n@thorpe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Thu Nov 25 14:33:57 CET 2021

Hello.

I realize that this may be slightly off-topic for this list but I hope you will forgive me for that.

I am currently running Big Sur on my Intel based MacBook Pro and am trying to decide when to upgrade to Monterey. I have not seen reports of issues with R on Monterey, so I assume it is working well there.

As for RStudio (yes, I know RStudio is not R) I have come across a couple reports of, let’s say weirdness, ranging from complete crashes to rendering problems. Has anyone on this list had any experience with RStudio in Monterey and encountered any issues?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)