[R-SIG-Mac] Nightly build segfaults

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 17 20:52:42 CET 2021

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 8:45 PM Prof Brian Ripley <ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 17/11/2021 19:32, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 8:14 PM Prof Brian Ripley <ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> With the tarball I get a popup telling me
> >>
> >> “R.framework” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
> >
> > Interesting. I am on 12.0.1 and there is no popup, but there is a
> > crash report with
> >
> > Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))
> >
> > Possibly the popup was added in 12.1 beta.
>
> I am running 12.0.1.

Interesting. FWIW I tried to start it from an iTerm2 terminal, and
there was no popup, just the "Killed" message and the crash report.

Nevertheless the .tar.gz builds not working is an inconvenience,
because it seems that the only way to run lldb now is to turn off the
SIP.

AFAICT homebrew signs its arm64 binaries now, but they are not
notarized, and they seem to work fine. AFAICT they don't use the
hardened runtime, so they are not notarized and I can run lldb on
them.

Gabor