[R-SIG-Mac] Uninstall R for clean install of R on a Mac

Amarjit Chandhial @@ch@ndh|@| @end|ng |rom bt|nternet@com
Mon Nov 8 12:02:28 CET 2021

Many Thanks.

Amarjit

------ Original Message ------
From: "Simon Urbanek" <simon.urbanek using R-project.org>
To: a.chandhial using btinternet.com
Cc: r-sig-mac using r-project.org
Sent: Monday, 8 Nov, 2021 At 10:52
Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Uninstall R for clean install of R on a Mac
Drag the R framework and R application to trash. They are under
/Applications and /Library/Frameworks.
If you are more comfortable with the command line, using Terminal you
can use
rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework
rm -rf /Applications/R.app
If you get any permission issues, prepend sudo before the command.

On Nov 8, 2021, at 11:39 PM, Amarjit Chandhial via R-SIG-Mac