[R-SIG-Mac] [External] tcltk on M1 mac?

Tue May 25 17:20:25 CEST 2021

On 25/05/2021 10:44 a.m., Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-SIG-Mac
wrote:
> I seem to remember a discussion not too long ago that the very latest version fo XQuartz did not install all the libraries needed by R, and to install the previous on instead  (I hav XQuartz 2.7.11, the latest is 2.8.1).  Is this still the case?

You may be thinking of a different discussion, but when the 2.8.x betas
started coming out, they included incompatible versions of the libs
needed by R on Intel machines.  That's no longer true.

I don't have any experience with M1 machines, so this may not be relevant.

Duncan Murdoch