[R-SIG-Mac] Missing R and RScript on /usr/bin/ on Big Sur

Luis Puerto |u|@@puerto@@r @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jan 17 23:15:07 CET 2021

Hey!

I just installed the binary from cran for R-4.0.3 and for some reason I'm missing the R and RScript commands on terminal. I'm on Big Sur 11.1 and when I check if there are symbol links on /usr/bin/ related to R I find none.

I'm not the only one https://stackoverflow.com/a/64920581/6888648 <https://stackoverflow.com/a/64920581/6888648>

Does anyone experience this behavior too? If you have updated perhaps you still have those from previous releases, but in case this was a clean install since I decided to change from homebrew to the binary form cran.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Luis