[R-SIG-Mac] R for macOS Big Sur

Jean Thioulouse je@n@th|ou|ou@e @end|ng |rom un|v-|yon1@|r
Mon Jan 11 14:38:09 CET 2021

Hi

Both versions seem to run fine indeed, but on my Mac mini M1, the arm version (homebrew R) is much slower than the intel version (CRAN R), which is quite disappointing.

The speed ratio I get is about 4 times slower for the arm version compared to the intel version, both in single processor and parallel computing mode.

Any idea about why I get these results ?

Thanks,
Jean

—-
Jean THIOULOUSE - orcid.org/0000-0001-7664-0598
http://lbbe.univ-lyon1.fr/-Thioulouse-Jean-.html
https://www.springer.com/fr/book/9781493988488