[R-SIG-Mac] I'm new to R in a Mac. How do I specify the path in read.table()?

Parkhurst, David F. p@rkhur@ @end|ng |rom |nd|@n@@edu
Mon Feb 15 15:39:09 CET 2021

I’ve got it working now given help from several people.  Yes, I’ve used windows since it first came out, and DOS before that.  I switched to a Mac maybe 18 months ago when MS said they wouldn’t support windows 7 any more, and I didn’t like my wife’s windows 10.  I’m still learning (and have just taken up R after not using it for years.). The Apple support people have taught me a lot!

From: Peter West <pbw using pbw.id.au>
Date: Monday, February 15, 2021 at 8:30 AM
To: Parkhurst, David F. <parkhurs using indiana.edu>
Cc: r-sig-mac using r-project.org <r-sig-mac using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] I'm new to R in a Mac. How do I specify the path in read.table()?
David,

I thought I saw advice on this issue already that noted you could not use backslashes in file paths on a Mac. Have you tried with “/Users/DFP/Desktop/Monroe319Ecoli.txt”?  Do you come from a Windows background?

Peter
—
mailto:pbw using ehealth.id.au
“Why does this generation seek a sign? Truly, I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation.”