[R-SIG-Mac] I'm new to R in a Mac. How do I specify the path in read.table()?

Ben Tupper btupper @end|ng |rom b|ge|ow@org
Mon Feb 15 14:52:24 CET 2021

Hi,

https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/file.path.html

See the note at the bottom.  It's liberating in many ways that R handles
the underlying details for you - use the forward slash and you'll be good
to go without regard to the platform.

I think using file.path() is the best way to go. Just do something like the
following...

filename <- file.path("Users", "DFP",  "Desktop",  "Monroe319Ecoli.txt")
x <- read.table(filename)

Cheers,
Ben