[R-SIG-Mac] unable to install from source packages needing compiled C code

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Dec 2 22:28:35 CET 2021

Adrian,

> On Dec 3, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Adrian Dușa <dusa.adrian using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Simon,
>
> I have the official Apple CLT, but not the full Xcode. If needed I can install that as well, with a difference of about 10GB more space getting used.
> This is what I get:
>
> $ xcode-select -p
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
>
> $ xcrun --show-sdk-path
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
>
> $ which clang
> /usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang

^^^-- this is your problem. You're not using Xcode so that's exactly what I said, you have a broken compiler. Remove /usr/local/opt and it should work.