[R-SIG-Mac] Recommended version of Xcode?

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom un|buc@ro
Tue Nov 3 08:08:49 CET 2020

For some reason, I was recently unable to update my Xcode and digged a
little bit.
One solution was to completely uninstall it and do a fresh install, a
process in which I found that:
- Xcode take more than 10GB of my harddrive
- not sure about building R, but I was able to build packages _without_
Xcode altogether, since it is possible to download and install only the
Command Line Tools.

Since the CLT takes about 500MB, I thought this might be worth sharing.
Adrian