[R-SIG-Mac] Install r-devel with homebrew?

Patrick Schratz p@tr|ck@@chr@tz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 23 15:24:18 CET 2020

Rainer,

Be aware that the homebrew build of R used a different underlying C standard (if that is the correct way to name it?) which may cause issues when compiling certain packages from source.
I think most people in this mailing list do not recommend it.
In addition, you might want to change your compiler to an openmp enabled clang one.

I use a small script which installs R-dev:

wget https://mac.r-project.org/el-capitan/R-devel/R-devel-el-capitan-sa-x86_64.tar.gz
sudo tar fvxz R*.tar.gz -C /
rm R-devel-el-capitan-sa-x86_64.tar.gz

Cheers, Patrick