[R-SIG-Mac] R-latest.pkg link returning a 403 Forbidden error

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Mon Mar 2 00:05:00 CET 2020

Also I'd like to clarify some things - the mac.R-project.org page is a *developer* page, so it is not intended for end users. It is provided for developers that want to test pre-releases and their packages. The content is *not* expected to be stable in any way shape or form*.

The mac.R-project.org server also provides a primary mirror of the official CRAN Mac master binary content in /bin/macosx. The CRAN content *is* expected to be stable and that is what this thread was originally about. However, some people then confused the developer page with CRAN - they are not the same!

* - that said, I do appreciate reports to me if something is amiss, since there are instances where I can fix things - but please think before reporting such things (e.g. if R-devel is broken and thus there is no binary, that's not something you need to report as that is expected).