[R-SIG-Mac] Can't open files in 4.0 or 4.01

Dr Eberhard W Lisse e| @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Mon Jun 8 14:32:17 CEST 2020

It sounds a little as if the R.app is somehow damaged.

What do the commands

	ls -ls $(which R)
	ls -las $(which Rscript)

issued from a terminal show?

Mine show (abbreviated)

	[...] /usr/local/bin/R -> ../Cellar/r/4.0.0_1/bin/R
	[...] /usr/local/bin/Rscript -> ../Cellar/r/4.0.0_1/bin/Rscript

I use homebrew and the plain (command line) R, ie not the App
(installed as cask), with RStudio (installed as cask).

I have the following first line in most of my R scripts

	#!/usr/bin/env Rscript

and they all run currently.

I will wait for 4.0.1 to pitch up on homebrew and see that that does.

The editor scripts have nothing to do with this, they just reference
the command line R (above). There are equally comfortable ones for
TextMate2 and AlphaX, and others.

greetings, el